Sacramento Feral Resources: http://www.sacferals.com
Sacramento Area Animal Coalition: http://www.sacanimal.org/spayneuter.html
Adopt a Shelter or Rescue Pet – Their Lives Depend on it!: http://www.lapcats.org/
Always SPAY/ NEUTER and ID your pets!: http://www.saccountyshelter.net/
Alley Cat Allies: http://www.alleycat.org/
Fix Our Ferals: http://fixourferals.org/
Books and Guides
- Berkeley, Ellen Perry, Maverick Cats: Encounters with Feral Cats, Second Edition (Shelburn, VT: New England Press, 2001).
- Feral Cat Factsheets, including one on handling neighbor conflicts, are available on the San Francisco SPCA’s website at http://www.sfspca.org/feral/factsheets.shtml.
- Fisher, Ann K., Living in Shadows: How to Help the Stray Cat In Your Life Without Adding to the Problem (Los Angeles: Amythyst Publishing, 2002).
- How to Create a Grass-Roots Community Program to Help Feral Cats, a 60-page guide, is available for $12.00 from the Neponset Valley Humane Society, P.O. Box 544, Norwood, MA, 02062.
- Jensen, Janet, Shadow Cats: Tales From New York City’s Animal Underground (Avon, MA: Adams Media Corporation, 2002).
- Slater, Margaret R., Community Approaches to Feral Cats: Problems, Alternatives & Recommendations (Washington, DC.: Humane Society Press, 2002).
- Friends of the Friendless. Send a check for $15 to Feral Cat Coalition, P.M.B. 160, 9528 Miramar Road, San Diego, CA, 92126. Include your address and telephone number.
- 9-Lives Humane Feral Cat Management is available from the San Francisco SPCA at sfspca.org/shop. Single tapes are $9.95 plus $3.00 s&h; the nine-tape set is $79.95 plus $20.00 s&h. To order by mail, send a check to SF/SPCA, 2500 Sixteenth Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
- On the Road to End the Feral Cat Population in Oregon. Send $15 to The Feral Cat Coalition of Oregon, P.O. Box 82734, Portland, Oregon, 97282. Online Course
- “Trap/Neuter/Return: Managing Feral Cat Colonies,” a live, interactive, online seminar offered periodically by Neighborhood Cats is available at http://www.suite101.com for $19.95. From the homepage, select the Pets and Animals School link. The written content of the course is available at any time for $14.95.